Listen to the school assembly about how to study and do the exercises to practise and improve your listening skills.

Are you good at studying? What do you do to help you concentrate?

Comments

jxyc's picture
jxyc 21 April, 2020 - 09:19

I usually make summaries and highlight the keywords. I get really distracted by loud noises and the internet, text messages, Facebook, etc. That's why I need to study in a quiet room, this helps me to be focused on my studies. And also I take regular breaks when I study. I think it's very important.

user1's picture
user1 20 April, 2020 - 09:38

I regularly make summary's and I often highlight the key words in my summary. Using different colors helps me studying.

dashadereko's picture
dashadereko 29 February, 2020 - 09:06

As for me using mind maps for studying is really effective because you can easy understand and remember information.

glonkdwart's picture
glonkdwart 11 May, 2019 - 18:59

i think the most important topic discussed here is about the significance of making a proper timetable. I actually understood its actual importance when i didn't make any. But at the end of the day, its 'studying' we are talking about and none can help us except us. I hope studying becomes more fun to us in the upcoming years.

Octopider's picture
Octopider 10 May, 2019 - 14:33

It is a good way to read without any disturb if we use headphones. Writing notes takes much time so we must take the key things. But the important thing is to make the 'TIMETABLE'.

Megazon's picture
Megazon 10 May, 2019 - 14:14

The following methods are really helpful for me.It can improve my skills of overall learning.My remembering skill is not quite good.The above methods can help me to overcome it.

Arivil's picture
Arivil 5 May, 2019 - 14:13

I really found that musical tip quite fascinating . I think I will try it next time I head into study. But I doubt my taste in classical . Again, as she said EXPERIMENT!!!

Iamgoodthanks's picture
Iamgoodthanks 31 March, 2019 - 18:21

Hello everyone!
I wonder if some of you have some good tips to learn English? I’m am so bad on it and must learn it before I have my examen. Please can someone help me.

Askar100's picture
Askar100 16 February, 2019 - 15:16

Great tips for studying! But this topic somehow similar to the topic in Intermediate section! Speakers are different and Upper section has more information about how to study! When I listened this, I also remembered Pomodoro Technics from Intermediate section! In general, excellent audio material!

daniel91815's picture
daniel91815 20 March, 2018 - 13:00

i'm good at studying, but few years ago i wasn't very good at studying because i always wanted to play videogames or go out with friends. But when i was 15 years a video changed my mind and it helps me about the importance of studying and how to study, take a good notes at college or school. sometimes it really hurts me when i've got to study i don't why. But i try to fix it

Hassu's picture
Hassu 3 October, 2017 - 20:53

Well, I am not good at study compared to practical and experimental word.
To concentrate I usually keep some snacks with me which helps me to focus much better. A room with good lighting also somtimes helps me to concentrate.

BossHere's picture
BossHere 3 October, 2017 - 20:38

Truthfully speaking,I'm not much good at studying because I'm not serious with my studies so my parents are.I'm in struggle to achieve good grades but the thing that distracts me is the noisy environment and the cellphone vibrating every minute.So,i use to select the corner of my home to get rid of noise pollution and I'm trying to figure out some strategy to avoid excess use of social media.

Fiza's picture
Fiza 3 October, 2017 - 20:12

Well there are many things which distracts me from studies such as Tv noise,mobile phones and disturbance caused by my young siblings but to me the most important thing is to make mind to concentrate.Although, it is difficult but when you have make a mind to study then no matter how much noise is effecting if your mind is agree then there is nothing which can distracts you from studies. Just keep your eyes on your destination and learn in a closed room.