Watch the video and use the subtitles and the transcript to help you understand.
Worksheets and downloads
Hi, guys. My name is Asha and this video is for British Council’s LearnEnglish Teens online magazine and YouTube channel, and today I just wanted to talk about bucket lists – which are lists that you wanna accomplish things, like, by a certain age, or just before the end of life itself … but I just wanted to sit down and share some of them with you guys.
1) One thing I would really love to do one day and that is to visit Australia and New Zealand, and spend like a good three or four months there and really get to know the place.
2) One of the things I would love to do is see England play in a … er … football match, like a World Cup football match or a Euro football match. Just because I have been a supporter of England, even though people say they’re not very good, I personally am always a supporter of England and I would just love to see them play live.
3) Another one would be I would love to go interrailing, which is where you can go on a train and visit different countries in Europe, um, by a train ticket and I think it would be an amazing experience to do it and just to see different places of Europe and how different they are to each other.
4) I would also love to swim with dolphins. The people who know me – friends and family – know that I am, like, petrified of animals, um, when they come near me. But swimming with dolphins has always been something I have wanted to do when I was little, so that has always been on my bucket list. I’m not gonna lie, though. I probably would be freaking out in the water where the dolphins are when I first, like, get in, but that is, that is, that is gonna happen, soon.
5) The next one would be … I don’t know how many I’ve said … would be to hit 10,000 subscribers on my own YouTube. Just because it’s always been a dream and … since I was little. Again, these bucket list, erm, things have been since I was little … which you guys can help me achieve and subscribe to my channel, but, um, no, only joking, only if you like my channel.
6) And the last one I can remember from the top of my head is to do a colour run. Like, running just by yourself seems slightly boring, personally. But, a colour run seems so fun, throwing colours, colour sprays all around. Like, that is something I would like to do. And that is a doable one, so I should really get that done this year.
But that is … the only ones I can think of right now. Comment down below, erm, things that are on your bucket list. I would love to know and maybe I will steal some of them and put them on my bucket list if I think, ‘You know what? I would love to do that too.’ Do not forget to like this video and do not forget to subscribe so you don’t miss out on all these videos. And I will see you in the next one. Bye!
What's on your bucket list?