Listen to Mario and Tamara talking about what film they want to see and do the exercises to practise and improve your listening skills.

Topics:

What type of films do you like? What was the last film you saw at the cinema?

Comments

Giovannichoi's picture
Giovannichoi 16 June, 2020 - 07:16

I like actions.. and superheroes films such as Avengers:Endgame and Thor series. (That's why my profile picture is Thor!) But nowdays, I've got mad with fantasy Disney films, especially the 'Frozen 1' and 'Frozen 2' were very impressive -and Elsa is very beautiful!!!! (never mind). Most of my friends like horror and thriller films, but I don't, since I couldn't sleep for two weeks after I watched '부산행', which got lots of zombies. So I love fantasies and musicals, and I think 'Frozen' and 'Aladdin' are the films just for me. Did you saw these films, too? 'Love Is An Open Door', 'Let It Go' and 'In Summer' are the most famous O.S.T in 'Frozen 1', and 'Show Yourself', 'Into The Unknown', or 'Lost In The Woods' are in 'Frozen 2'. I bet you all know not only Let It Go or Into The Unknown in Frozens, but also Prince Ali or A Whole New World in Aladdin too. I'm studying hard to be an English master among my schoolmates, so I try to listen the pop songs instead of K-POP and watch original English films instead of dubbed version. And also I'm trying not to watch subtitles, too. By the way, I think the brotherly love between Elsa and Anna is very beautiful, as their appearances, which love each others dreadly. Elsa don't want the other people got hurt by her, and Anna want Elsa to be the cheerful and happy sister again. But Elsa think she's bothering everyone in Arendelle, and she escape from there and live alone in her new ice castle in the first Frozen. And in the second, Elsa heard strange sound sometimes, and went her expedition to Atohalan with Anna, Christopher, and Ollaph. There she found the sound was the voice of her mother, and she is the bridge of the four naturs spirits of Notherldra. So in the end, Elsa decided to stay in the magic island with the other spirits, and Anna became the next queen of Arendelle. I strongly reccomend you all to watch these if you haven't seen it yet. And Please write a reply below my comment about what is your favorite Disney movies.. Please!!!! I'll wait for you!!!!!!!!!!!

mmatildepontoni04's picture
mmatildepontoni04 3 June, 2020 - 16:06

I like action movies and the last film I saw before the lockdown was “Mission Impossible “

DIGIOTANIMES's picture
DIGIOTANIMES 2 June, 2020 - 18:46

The movies that I like are science fiction, action and movies from the end of the world such as zombie movies, earthquakes and tsunamis

nimdini's picture
nimdini 13 May, 2020 - 05:58

I really like to watch an action movies.RUSH was the last movie I have seen in the cinema.

anna_v3r's picture
anna_v3r 17 April, 2020 - 11:54

I like every types of movies except horror movies. The last movie I saw at the cinema was "Downton Abbey", a lovely movie set in England in the 20th century.

vittoriadigianno's picture
vittoriadigianno 16 April, 2020 - 16:02

my favorite types of movies are horror and romantic and the last film i saw is "The Last Song", it's a really good movie.

Gabriele1926's picture
Gabriele1926 16 April, 2020 - 14:17

I like thriller and action film, I don't remember wich is the last film that I saw at the cinema.

gio_cra2004's picture
gio_cra2004 14 April, 2020 - 16:48

I like romantic movies and the last movie I saw in the cinema was "Tolo Tolo" but I didn't like it very much!

alaricofranca02's picture
alaricofranca02 10 April, 2020 - 13:48

i like action movies and the last movie i saw at the cinema was “18 regali” an italian movie

Jack2350's picture
Jack2350 1 April, 2020 - 00:33

I really like action films, I also like animated films, the last movie I saw at the cinema was Spider-Man far from home

ZAYRA's picture
ZAYRA 26 March, 2020 - 23:41

I need to do the exercises more than three times to get them right. I made them with help, personally it is very difficult for me. Excellent way to learn

darkgus13's picture
darkgus13 21 March, 2020 - 17:50

I like action movie because the story is very well. The last film was I see in cinema is spider man.

farid008's picture
farid008 13 March, 2020 - 11:25

I like documentaries, and romantic films. But saying truth romantic films have got similar plot and does not describe real relationship. Many of them is like Indian drama. The last film that I wached were German romantic film Erbsen auf halb 6. The film shows to his audience what type of relationship exists and works.

editor_rachael's picture
editor_rachael 13 March, 2020 - 13:20

Hi farid008,

Sorry you can't listen to it! I've just tested it and it's working fine for me. Are you using Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari or another browser? Try using a different browser and see it that works.

Rachael
LearnEnglish Teens team

Pablo_29's picture
Pablo_29 27 February, 2020 - 19:22

11 June, 2017 - 16:12
Yeah, I love cinemas. But I mostly don't head for theatres, 'cause I'm a bit busy. I have weekend classes and mostly those are the only days I could watch my fav movies and cartoons. Usually new episodes air during the weekend, and I surely don't want to miss them!
I usually prefer fantasy films. Action films are good, but they air at night, and I don't think I'll waste a good weekend night's sleep for horror movies! Action movies are a lot better. And as for romance, well, I don't like that genre much. I like Jackie Chan movies, and of course, I'm mad on Harry Potter movies. And Disney too. They're unbeatable.

Thu's picture
-1x
Thu 30 June, 2019 - 11:58

I like cartoons, of course : > I also watch cartoons on Disney Channel and Cartoon Network. Recently, there was a new cartoon named, The Secret Life Of Pets. I've seen part 1 and I've seen part this Wednesday at the cinema. It's really good, cute and funny : >

sakuracardcaptor's picture
sakuracardcaptor 18 May, 2019 - 11:30

I like cartoons and anime. I've been to the cinema before, but next week I'll go and watch Doraemon movie. I think I'm too old to watch, but I love it.

JoEditor's picture
JoEditor 1 August, 2018 - 14:03

Hi Mihael,
That's a good question - thanks for asking! In the UK we usually say 'film' and in the US they usually say 'movie' - there's no difference in the meaning of the word.
Best wishes, Jo (LearnEnglish Teens Team)

elleryqueen's picture
elleryqueen 5 April, 2018 - 10:21

I have a problem with pronouncing the /l/ sound when it doesn't stand at the first of the word, I mean I cannot pronounce the word 'film' correctly like the girls on the recording does. WHen I pronounce, it is similar to /fim/ instead of /film/. Do you have any advice for me?