How hungry would you have to be to eat a brain sandwich? What about some fried spider? Read this to find out about the world's weirdest food.

Topics:

What's the weirdest food you've ever tried? What was it like?

Do you know any other weird foods?

Comments

linhdan83's picture
linhdan83 24 June, 2020 - 16:41

The weirdest food I’ve ever tried is the Nitro Ice-cream in Da Lat City in Vietnam. It’s ice-cream balls which were sinked in liquid Nitro. When you it them, it’s so cold that smoke will come out from your nose and mouth, which makes you look hilarious.
In addition, I know “yuk-hoe” raw beef serving with raw eggs. I also know “ganjang-gejang” which means raw crabs marinated in soy sauce. Both of them are from Korea. I’ve never tried anything raw except Sushi. If possible, I would like to give them a try.

Aqishhhh's picture
Aqishhhh 13 May, 2020 - 13:19

I haven't tried to eat any of the weirdest food but it just my experience go some wedding my brother's friend. I was surprised to see the contents of the soup. I have never seen a chicken head cooked like that. I never see my mother or others cook and serve that for guests. like my family , we didn't serve chicken heads because we were afraid others would say we were not good at keeping clean. Another weirdest food experience is black soup. I think that's the weirdest food I've ever seen. we were not only surprised but the soup looked ridiculous. Maybe it's a custom food. We cannot judge others' food. so that's all

Giovannichoi's picture
Giovannichoi 3 April, 2020 - 14:02

I haven't tried to eat any of the other weirdest food, but I've smelled those twice in my life. One is the popular fruit "durian" from Malaysia and the other one is "Stinky Tofu" from Tiwan. It was real nightmares... (Actually, I couldn't sleep well at then.) I'll NEVER eat those even those are free to eat. I know somthing that is as disgust as those samples up this script. First I heard that "Surstryiming" is the most disgusting food in the whole world. It is the food which made by fermenting the herring. It is from Sweden. Twice, a fermeted skate from Korea is very smelly. If you smell the terrible odor of it, your nose will be numb. And, there are very many terrible foods such as the fish ice creams, insect-sushis, and the eyes of the mosquitos. I bet I coud NEVER, EVER eat such foods like these.

thechillbaba's picture
thechillbaba 20 May, 2019 - 17:47

I liked the "Fugu" thing, I tried it
It was good, you wont feel the raw fish because of the extra flavors, its good

Mihael's picture
Mihael 19 May, 2019 - 18:59

the weirdest food in my family is lamb head soup... I don't like it but somehow my parents and other family member enjoy that soup :)

BARBADIO's picture
BARBADIO 11 May, 2019 - 09:59

pasta is sometimes Dangerous because of poison but when you don't die it's very good.
come to italy to taste some very good pasta

JoeSander's picture
JoeSander 9 May, 2019 - 00:35

I have tried some blood soup. At first I feel so bad, but when I eat it, it taste very good.

JoeSander's picture
JoeSander 8 May, 2019 - 13:55

I think weird food is also a type of cultural imprint. It makes each country unique to other countries in the world. Rule one of geography and culture is to not judge other cultures from one's own cultural perspective; if some of the children in the poor country don't consume insects (which are high in Zinc and low in fat) they'd be lucky to get any protein at all.

Tranthithuynga's picture
Tranthithuynga 5 May, 2019 - 01:31

I think the weirdest food in Vietnam is " trứng vịt lộn". While many Vietnamese people really like it because it good for their health, foreigner people don't like because they think it is disgusting. Especially, " Trứng vịt lộn" is ranked in the top 10 most terrible food in the world.

MNG's picture
MNG 25 April, 2019 - 08:03

The weirdest food is rat.That is food that makes its home in the fields of Vietnamese country,especially in the Mekong Delta.Maybe eating rat sounds a bit odd but it is very tasty.The meat is solf.So many people like it than beef and pork.
Quyen

ABC's picture
ABC 25 April, 2019 - 03:52

I was impressed by Hakarl of Iceland. I think it's hard to try because of its smell. We have similar kind of food in Viet Nam named" mắm" it is a kind of souce that people use everyday. "mam" is salty and has a typical flavor if you can stand it's smell.

Thuynguyen's picture
Thuynguyen 15 April, 2019 - 18:23

The weirdest food you've ever tried is Grilled Bananas (Chuoi Nuong). It's is a type of Vietnamese dessert .Grilled bananas stand out because of its distinctive taste and the perfect combination of banana and coconut milk. This food was quite strange for me when I tried it at the first time ,but now i find it an acquired taste.

Haocbs's picture
Haocbs 15 April, 2019 - 12:14

Blood soup is the weirdest dish in Vietnam and it has a special ingredient. Yes, that would be blood. Commonly, it is duck blood, but it can even be pig or goose blood. People eat dish with coriander, mint, and pepper, along with spicy chili, minced cooked meat and organs. When I tried, the color of blood scared me but the tasty was better than I thought.

parsasoroori's picture
parsasoroori 31 January, 2019 - 06:40

I think we can find the best foods in the Islamic countries like Turkey, Iran,Saudi Arabia and other Islamic countries. They have food obsession. I have lots of friends in Europe; they believe most of Europeans eat good food but sometimes their food is very smelly or raw like fish, steak, etc and they don't care about food as much as other countries.

SLMT's picture
SLMT 27 April, 2018 - 16:13

Yuck.
I can’t understand why insects are eaten.I can’t imagine to have one of these foods. By glancing them,it make my stomach upset.How people eat INSECT. Isn’t there any food left to eat on earth?

tapochek2004's picture
tapochek2004 12 July, 2018 - 15:28

But about other foods, I don't understand why people eat that. For example, fugu. It's not healthy and may be really dangerous if not cooked properly. Why do people want to play with their lives?

tapochek2004's picture
tapochek2004 12 July, 2018 - 15:26

Hello.
I actually understand your feelings, but I think you're wrong. Insects are also animals. They also have meat. If it's proven that it is healthy, why should anyone refuse to it them? But we're all unique. Maybe you had a bad experience of eating them, i don't know.
P.S. I live in Ukraine, we don't eat insects here:)

Israa_Tantawy's picture
Israa_Tantawy 24 August, 2017 - 22:52

I'm very sorry. I do not taste any rich food. But after these articles, I will even do if I will cook it myself.

QueenPinkBluebel's picture
QueenPinkBluebel 3 August, 2017 - 13:39

Every country has its own dishes and traditions, but sometimes they can be very weird. Here in Morocco, we have a typically Moroccan, very greedy dish, which is made of beef feet, generally prepared during special occasions or during the periods of big cold. Originally, this recipe was prepared by the Moroccan Jewish families, which served it with hard-boiled eggs. In time, the recipe filled out, and today, we are in the habit of preparing it with chickpeas and raisins either with some crushed wheat or some rice. Every region of Morocco has it own way to prepare this dish that all my family like, including my father and my brother, except me. I think it's too heavy for my stomach.

Bahmanyar's picture
Bahmanyar 9 July, 2017 - 19:07

here in Iran we have a strange food which is made of the sheeps head and the name is Kale Pache

SweetCandy26's picture
SweetCandy26 11 June, 2017 - 10:43

I HATE DURIANS! I've tried some of them, and they are awful! I've heard of fried grasshoppers. Yuck!

catastrophe's picture
catastrophe 14 June, 2017 - 11:36

Ow... But that's nothing, you know. In a program yesterday, a man ate a snake! And a live, wriggling worm! Oh... I didn't know how long I waited before I could eat!!! :pp

greentree's picture
greentree 27 July, 2017 - 14:19

well, I have trided one time fried grasshopers, and I have to say that they aren't so bad

Ken's picture
Ken 3 June, 2017 - 14:44

Hey all,
many of you say just "yuck!!", I know but we need to be aware of different cultures and customs existing in the world. In fact, some may think "yuck" when they know cup noodles & junk food is a kind of food!
‎꒰⁎×﹏×⁎꒱ ༘ؓ ँั๊ྃ