Listen to the conversation and do the exercises to practise and improve your listening skills.

What do you look like?

Comments

Funny21's picture
Funny21 19 January, 2017 - 12:09

I am not tall. I am not short.I have long brown hair. I am thin but I have a belly! I am exercising to get healthy.

juhduh's picture
juhduh 12 January, 2017 - 07:19

Many people say I look like an Indian because I have brown skin and my face look like an Indian too, but actually I'm Indonesian.

mmitxanhso's picture
mmitxanhso 10 January, 2017 - 14:24

I'm not thin girl. One year ago, I had long hair, but now, I cut it. I have an oval face, big eyes. I'm short, very short, so I feel so sad about it.

Tuan_troc's picture
Tuan_troc 9 December, 2016 - 13:25

I'm Tuan.I'm short and thin. I've got short, black hair and brown eyes and small ears. I usually smile.

nganguyen94's picture
nganguyen94 4 December, 2016 - 09:42

i am a girl. i am short and a bit big. i have long black hair and brown eyes. i wear a red glasses.

monkey94's picture
monkey94 7 October, 2016 - 15:07

my body uhm i'm fit in. i'm tall about 162 cm and 60kg, i have long black hair , my eyes are black tooand my ears are small,

HOATULIPHONG's picture
HOATULIPHONG 10 September, 2016 - 03:33

I am short and thin. I have black eyes. I have straight, black hair. I don't wear glasses. I have light skin.

Quocduy's picture
Quocduy 5 August, 2016 - 15:13

About 2 years ago I was very fat so I was be called 'fat boy' or 'Bear' or 'Pig' :))) then the following year I make abitition and did exercise and I lost 10kilograms but this year, that means the next year my girlfriend advised me to eat much more and so I gained 15 kilograms :)))))) Now I decided to keep my weight because of the girlfriend's advice.

Elsa007's picture
Elsa007 7 August, 2016 - 15:24

Hi Quocduy,
In your calculation, you mean you've eventually gained 5 more kilograms since you were called 'fat boy' or 'Bear' or 'Pig' ?? I wonder how one can lose 10 kg and gain 15 kg again??

Quocduy's picture
Quocduy 9 August, 2016 - 04:18

Hi Elsa,
Yah, It took me 1 year so I think gain or lose kg are not too hard. For example, a person is 50kg and in that summer he did hard working and lost 10kg so about 1year later, he ate a lot and he got fatter than the original. The period I said was 1 year so I think if you determined, everything would be successful.

Elsa007's picture
Elsa007 10 August, 2016 - 09:12

Thank you fore the reply, Quocduy.
Hmmm...... you mean, everything would be successful to rebound from dieting?? ;)
Anyway, 10kg is quite big! :V

lyleo's picture
lyleo 27 July, 2016 - 08:01

i am not tall but i am thin. i've got long black hair with big brown eyes. i've got an oval face and a high nose. i always smile because i'm so happy with my appearance.

Elsa007's picture
Elsa007 24 July, 2016 - 11:14

Boa Boa, people call him like this.
He lives in mountains, rarely comes down to the town where people gather to live.
Some say he's the guardian of the town.....

Hey, can somebody continue this story? I'll relay a baton to somebody who is willing to make up the sequel?
Why don't we make a story together to see what will happen! :)

gizem's picture
gizem 23 July, 2016 - 10:45

Hi
I'm not happy with my appearance, so I'm planning to have a plastic surgery. I 've got long wavy hair and a green and a blue eye ( serious). I'm blond. My ears and nose are ideal to a lot of people. I've got thin and long eyebrows. I've got pink full lips.
I am tall and slim ( 1.80 ) I have got a beauty spot over my right lip. People say I look like Adriana Lima, but I find her ugly.
I'm too unhappy, unhappy, unhappy

Jo - Coordinator's picture
Jo - Coordinator 24 July, 2016 - 09:51

Actually gizem, you are amazing, and you’ve done a very brave thing. By writing your feelings here, you’ve started helping yourself to feel better. Sadly, it’s really common for people to be unhappy with their appearance. Nobody’s perfect, and when we don’t feel good about ourselves, we focus our negativity on certain things, like something about our appearance. But do you know what? The root cause of all this isn’t how you look, it’s how you feel. For example, try to notice someone you think has a beautiful smile. What makes the smile beautiful? I bet you it’s their personality ... their interaction with other people, or their sense of humour that made them smile. So, no one’s perfect, but everyone is beautiful. You’ve already done something positive to change how you feel, so keep going! Look after yourself, do the things you enjoy, and focus on the the things you’re good at. (English seems to be one of them!)

Feeling good about yourself is not an easy thing at all. It takes practice. I wish you lots and lots of luck in the process!

What do our other users do to feel good about themselves?

Best wishes, Joanna (LearnEnglish Teens team)

optimist07's picture
optimist07 21 July, 2016 - 08:13

I am short and thinI have got long brown hair and brown eyes.I am happy with my appearance

aviator's picture
aviator 12 June, 2016 - 12:04

yes I like my appearance. ı think everybody like the appearance. I have brown eyes and small nose brown and long eyes. I'm short (1.60).

taibc's picture
taibc 9 June, 2016 - 06:44

Hi, I have a black hair, black eyes too :). I am not too tall, I am 1.62 meters, and I have a little big stomach. I love my appearance, some persons tell me handsome :D