Listen to the speakers talking about important people in their lives and do the exercises to practise and improve your listening skills.

Which people have been important in your life? Tell us about them!

Comments

Thu's picture
-1x
Thu 13 August, 2019 - 10:59

Of course, is my mother, she is a very kind mother, like a godmother in the fairy tale. She makes me feel comfortable and safe, of course. : )

thheeennd's picture
thheeennd 6 May, 2019 - 15:54

My best friend Vika is 1 year older than me, but looks like a little pretty girl. She is short and she does not like it. I think it is funny!
I like her appearance, she is very beautiful, with blond hair and blue-grey eyes. We met 10 years ago, but first we did not get along. Then we became friends and spent a lot of time together. Every summer we swam in her pool and every summer we made concerts near the porch for grandmothers and children. I remember we cooked dinner on her birthday and then rushed boiled potatoes from the balcony. We still make some kinds of nonsense together!
Vika has a small sister Arina who loves me very much!
We quarrel very rarely and I sure that I would never find such friend as Vika!

FFrost's picture
FFrost 12 April, 2019 - 08:13

There are three important people in my life. They are my best friends. We had have a frendship for eges. Before we spend a lot of time together. We hung out, had a walk, played volley and so on. But no we cant meet very often, because some of them has his own family or another reasons. And somehow, even under all these reasons we keep tradition, each our birthday we selebrate together and its briliant time. I beleave that our trardition wont be broke down.

editor_rachael's picture
editor_rachael 12 April, 2019 - 11:46

Hi FFrost,

Thanks for your comment on LearnEnglish Teens, it sounds like you have some great friends! This website is specially for teenagers aged 13-17 years old but it sounds like you might be older than that. You are welcome to keep on using LearnEnglish Teens but if you are over 17, please do NOT post any more comments as we must keep this strictly for teenagers to interact with each other. If you are an adult, you are also welcome to use our LearnEnglish page for adults:

Best wishes,

Rachael
LearnEnglish Teens team
Batgirl's picture
Batgirl 25 November, 2018 - 13:19

I think all people that appeared in my life are important, because all of them gave me some useful life lessons. Some of them moved to another place, with some I just fell out, but I still know that they are important for me.

bilko's picture
-4x
bilko 23 March, 2018 - 18:20

I have a sister whose name is Zehra and 5 years younger than me. We have in common but she always envies me. I don't understand what is the reason...

kawaiirain's picture
kawaiirain 23 March, 2018 - 08:38

3 other girls and me are best friends. But now, we are having some problems. Two of my friends are having an argument. Although we sometimes argue, this time is really serious. We are both sad. What should I do to save our friendship ?

Elsa007's picture
Elsa007 24 March, 2018 - 09:12

Hi kawaiirain, sorry to hear that.
I wonder if the friends trust each other with their heart?? If so, it seems that the argument might be a little spice for their friendship!
But, if the friendship is easily clouded by a deceptive friend who enjoys inane babblings, they might need time to truly understand and build a better bond with each other.
What are they arguing? What do they want from each other? How serious and constructive are they to improve?...
I hope they are arguing on the same wavelength!

daniel91815's picture
daniel91815 17 February, 2018 - 13:58

one of the most people important in my life is my mom, aunties and my friends because they are very supportive and i have good moments with them

ropey84's picture
ropey84 16 February, 2018 - 22:15

the best person that has been in my whole life is my mother. I take care of myself she is always there to help me, she is a good person and she has done everything she can to give me the best

phuonganh6bdck's picture
phuonganh6bdck 27 August, 2017 - 14:27

I have a lot of superficial friends but I have only one close friend. I always turn to him for adv