Listen to the speakers talking about important people in their lives and do the exercises to practise and improve your listening skills.

Which people have been important in your life? Tell us about them!

Comments

Alodia121's picture
Alodia121 1 June, 2016 - 08:44

One of the most important person in my life is my best friend, now we are not in the same high school but we are still having a good relation, she always understands me, and we have lots of things in common.

Elsa007's picture
Elsa007 5 June, 2016 - 09:15

Me either!
One of the most important person in my life is my best friend who is on the same wavelength as me!
So I can tell anything to my best friend, which I hesitate to talk to my family.
As long as I can trust my BF, I'm happy!
Yet, I sometime feel sad because we are not in the same high school.✨

yenthan's picture
yenthan 28 March, 2016 - 15:59

My parents and my brother are the most people in my life. Everyday, they give power, hope, and we love very much together, That help me come over difficulties, and encourage me try best in my life.

hannaanh's picture
hannaanh 4 January, 2016 - 16:33

My important people is my younger sister because she always helps me some errands and she really a good girl. She sometimes helps my parents with the housework and helps her friends at school. I very love her ;)

MStark's picture
MStark 1 January, 2016 - 19:58

Of course my mother is the most important person in my life. Because she always help me. I know she is perfect and I love her.

KingWolf99's picture
KingWolf99 31 December, 2015 - 17:30

The most important person in my life is my mother. She looked after my during my childhood and always helped me when I was depressed. We don't always get on really well, but, since I'm a teenager, I think it is normal, isn't it?

yenthan's picture
yenthan 28 March, 2016 - 15:42

Hi KingWolf99!
Yes, It's normal! Because all of Mothers over the world love their sons so much and they want to help us.

kaci's picture
kaci 29 November, 2015 - 21:47

For me my daughter and my husband are so mportante in my life they make me happy all the time i love them so much and i wish to have a son soon .

Jo - Coordinator's picture
Jo - Coordinator 30 November, 2015 - 08:11

Hi kaci, thanks for your comments on LearnEnglish Teens. This website is specially for teenagers aged 13-17 years old but it sounds like you are older than that. You are welcome to keep on using LearnEnglish Teens but if you are over 17, please do NOT post any more comments as we must keep this strictly for teenagers to interact with each other. You are welcome to join our LearnEnglish page for adults and post comments there: www.britishcouncil.org/learnenglish
Best wishes, Joanna (LearnEnglih Teens team)

gianggiang's picture
gianggiang 18 October, 2015 - 15:31

My mother is very important in my life. She is a kind woman. In spite of her busy work and my studying ,my mother and I sometimes shop for groceries together and this is a very good time. I remember when I was broken my leg, she burst into tears and when I failed the important exam, I cried a lot whereas she smiled and gave me a hug. Nothing is more meaningful than mother's love. If you fail in life and you want to give up, please think of your mother and her hope. She will give you determination and courage. Mother - the greatest woman in the world!

yenthan's picture
yenthan 28 March, 2016 - 15:46

Hi gianggiang!
I agree with you. I like your sentences because I have thoughts as you. Mother is number 1!

JoEditor's picture
JoEditor 19 October, 2015 - 07:10

Hi gianggiangphi,
Do you mean this part: "She lives next door and she’s always been really important in my life." That is correct in English.
Best wishes, Jo (LearnEnglish Teens Team)

gianggiang's picture
gianggiang 19 October, 2015 - 14:55

Hi JoEditor. It seems that the woman said : " She lives next door and she's always been really important to my life"
( I am sorry for any inconvenience!)

JoEditor's picture
JoEditor 19 October, 2015 - 19:51

Hi gianggiangphi,
I think the problem here is the pronunciation. When the speaker says ' ... important in my life' I think you're hearing ' ... importan - tin - my - life' as the 't' sound from 'important' rolls in to the 'in' and makes a sound like 'tin'. Is that what you mean? Listen again - there's definitely no 'o' sound to make the word 'to' so that should help you to understand that it's 'in' rather than 'to my life'.
I hope this makes sense!
Best wishes, Jo (LearnEnglish Teens Team)

gianggiang's picture
gianggiang 20 October, 2015 - 02:34

Thank Jo. You are right,the problem here is the pronunciation.I am sorry for bothering you. I make sure it doesn't happen again !!
By the way, Happyyyyy Women's Day (^o ^) [ 20th October]. I hope you will happy,lucky and successful in life <3. You are one of the kindest women I've ever known !!!!
( With lots of love from gianggiangphi)

Leober98's picture
Leober98 25 June, 2015 - 01:50

My family la very important for me.They are my life.
Too my friends are importants un my life. :)
I Love my family and best friends.

RBPolina's picture
RBPolina 23 November, 2014 - 10:59

I can't choose between my parents and friends who are more important to me. So, they are all part of my life.

medozaher's picture
medozaher 2 September, 2014 - 00:14

I love all my family and relatives they are so important in my life I can't do without them
I also love my friends and we are so much in common and have similar personalties
and have same hobbies

Synteck's picture
Synteck 19 July, 2014 - 23:51

For me, the most important people are my close friends I don´t tell many things to my fathers.

boyfrommercury's picture
boyfrommercury 19 July, 2014 - 17:35

Certainly my parents are the most important people in my life. And also some friends!