Listen to the speakers talking about important people in their lives and do the exercises to practise and improve your listening skills.

Which people have been important in your life? Tell us about them!

Comments

gianggiang's picture
gianggiang 19 October, 2015 - 14:55

Hi JoEditor. It seems that the woman said : " She lives next door and she's always been really important to my life"
( I am sorry for any inconvenience!)

JoEditor's picture
JoEditor 19 October, 2015 - 19:51

Hi gianggiangphi,
I think the problem here is the pronunciation. When the speaker says ' ... important in my life' I think you're hearing ' ... importan - tin - my - life' as the 't' sound from 'important' rolls in to the 'in' and makes a sound like 'tin'. Is that what you mean? Listen again - there's definitely no 'o' sound to make the word 'to' so that should help you to understand that it's 'in' rather than 'to my life'.
I hope this makes sense!
Best wishes, Jo (LearnEnglish Teens Team)

gianggiang's picture
gianggiang 20 October, 2015 - 02:34

Thank Jo. You are right,the problem here is the pronunciation.I am sorry for bothering you. I make sure it doesn't happen again !!
By the way, Happyyyyy Women's Day (^o ^) [ 20th October]. I hope you will happy,lucky and successful in life <3. You are one of the kindest women I've ever known !!!!
( With lots of love from gianggiangphi)

Leober98's picture
Leober98 25 June, 2015 - 01:50

My family la very important for me.They are my life.
Too my friends are importants un my life. :)
I Love my family and best friends.

RBPolina's picture
RBPolina 23 November, 2014 - 10:59

I can't choose between my parents and friends who are more important to me. So, they are all part of my life.

medozaher's picture
medozaher 2 September, 2014 - 00:14

I love all my family and relatives they are so important in my life I can't do without them
I also love my friends and we are so much in common and have similar personalties
and have same hobbies

Synteck's picture
Synteck 19 July, 2014 - 23:51

For me, the most important people are my close friends I don´t tell many things to my fathers.

boyfrommercury's picture
boyfrommercury 19 July, 2014 - 17:35

Certainly my parents are the most important people in my life. And also some friends!

aktoty_nis's picture
aktoty_nis 13 July, 2014 - 18:14

The most important people in my life are my parents. Because they help me in any situation. They are closer me than my best friend. !!! I love them!

Frodo's picture
Frodo 9 May, 2014 - 08:29

My family and friends very important in my life. I love my family and friends

ShaiqGenius's picture
ShaiqGenius 25 April, 2014 - 13:13

My family, my friends, my teacher are very important for me. Because they have an important role in my life. They helped me a lot . I will be always thankful to them.

Dia's picture
Dia 31 March, 2014 - 08:02

the most important people in my life is ..my family.
I have 5 sister and 2 brothers wich I love very nuch.
And I have two nephews and a niece ...
It's a big family , and is very important for me...